The Lawton House located at 200 West Broadway was built in 1890. This home originally stood at the location of the present Memorial Building on Central Ave. In about 1910, J.H. Lee, Sr. sold the land to his daughter, Lottie Lee Lawton, and her husband, Thomas Willington Lawton. They then moved the house on rollers to it present location. Mr. Lawton was born in 1882. Tom attended the Oviedo School, Rollins Academy, and was the sole member of his 1903 Rollins College graduating class. He received his master's degree from Andover Newton College in Boston, and returned to Oviedo to serve as principal from 1905 to 1907. In 1916, he became the first elected Superintendent of Schools of Seminole County, and held that post until 1952.